Sunday 31 January 2021

What the world could do



The precise moment, I still remember. It was right after coming back from my baby sister's burial.

In a shallow hole, alongside many others, she was laid to rest. In the chaos of her grave, she must have felt lonely as a shovelfull of dirt hit her closed eyes, she clung onto a piece of me, which was torn away and remained with her forever.

I looked in the cracked mirror of my late mother's dressing table, a trace of me still visible in each of the seven ghostly distortions looking back. I realized that I had nothing more to loose.

I made my mind or maybe others made it for me: I decided to leave.

#Shahireh_sangrezeh

لحظه ی دقیقی که تصمیم به ترک وطن گرفتم را هنوز به یاد دارم. درست بعد از بازگشت از مراسم تدفین خواهر کوچکم. وقتی که او در قبری کم عمق،  در آغوش تعداد زیادی مرده، آرام می گرفت. در ازدحام قبر دست جمعیش حتما احساس تنهایی و غریبی کرد که به محض اینکه یک بیل خاک با چشمان بسته اش برخورد کرد، به تکه ای از من چنگ انداخت. تکه ای که از من جدا شد و برای همیشه با او ماند. در آینه ی ترک خورده ی میز آرایش مادر مرحومم نگاه کردم. هنوز اثری از من  در هر هفت شبح که از داخل شکسته های های آینه به من چشم دوخته بودند، دیده می شد. آنجا بود که فهمیدم  دیگر چیزی برای از دست دادن ندارم. تصمیم خود  را گرفتم، یا شاید دیگران برایم تصمیم گرفتند: باید می رفتم.

© All rights reserved

No comments: